Many different forms of probiotics have been tested for their influence on H. pylori eradication rates. Although some studies focused on single strains, numerous diverse strains and combinations have been proven to improve therapeutic outcomes. Let’s review what we know about the best probiotics for treating H. pylori. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
H. Pylori and Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria Probiotics
Multiple meta-analyses and systematic reviews have found Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria probiotics to assist successful H. pylori treatment (with antibiotics), albeit this may be partly due to the fact that these are the most widely investigated probiotics. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Lactobacillus (lactic acid bacteria) and Bifidobacteria probiotics (such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus reuteri) have been demonstrated to be effective against H. pylori in studies:
– Lactobacillus casei was found to be the most effective strain for boosting H. pylori eradication rates during conventional treatment. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
– Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus sporogenes, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium infantis, and Bifidobacterium longum are probiotic combinations that can help with antibiotic side effects like diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, and taste disturbance.
– The use of a wide spectrum of Lactobacillus probiotics improved the efficacy of H. pylori treatment and reduced antibiotic side effects.
– H. pylori researcher Cruchet undertook a randomized controlled trial that found Lactobacillus johnsonii La1 reduced H. pylori infection in children when compared to controls.
– Lactobacillus gasseri strain LG21 has been found to improve H. pylori eradication and lessen antibiotic side effects.
– Lactobacillus gasseri OLL2716 decreased inflammatory cytokines and suppressed development of antibiotic-resistant H. pylori in a promising pilot trial in mice. To establish the clinical value of this observation, more research is needed.
Saccharomyces H. Pylori and Boulardii Probiotics
Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic yeast with positive qualities. It’s been extensively researched and found to be helpful in the fight against H. pylori. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Saccharomyces boulardii alone was demonstrated to remove H. pylori infection in 12 percent of cases in a systematic review, while more study is needed to validate this result.
In at least two meta-analyses, Saccharomyces boulardii has been demonstrated to improve the efficacy of antibiotic triple treatment and reduce adverse effects. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Furthermore, it was found in a comprehensive study to help with bloating after H. pylori treatment. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Probiotics from the soil (Bacillus)
Soil-based probiotics have a lot less research than the other two varieties, although limited evidence suggests that they can aid with traditional (antibiotic) H. pylori treatment.
According to a comprehensive study, a multi-strain probiotic including bacteria from the soil, such as Bacillus mesentericus and Streptococcus faecalis, decreased appetite loss following antibiotic treatment. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Bacillus probiotics were shown to be particularly beneficial at reducing antibiotic-associated diarrhea in an evaluation of the evidence for their use in H. pylori treatment. According to this study, the likely mechanism is related to their ability to suppress infections and alter the immunological response of the body.
Let’s look at how to use probiotics effectively now that we have all of this evidence that they help with H. pylori treatment. probioticseverything.com probiotics h pylori eradication
Antibiotic H. Pylori Treatment with Probiotics
Probiotics combined with traditional Helicobacter pylori eradication medication improves treatment success while reducing side effects like antibiotic-associated diarrhea, nausea, and bloating. probioticseverything.com
Incorporating probiotics into your anti-Helicobacter pylori treatment will almost certainly reduce these negative effects while also increasing your chances of success.
Research shows that using a variety of probiotics produces greater benefits than utilizing just one strain or variation, and H. pylori research backs this up. It’s recommended to follow a basic routine that contains one good probiotic from each of the three main probiotic types at the same time: Lactobacillus-Bifidobacteria mixes, Saccharomyces boulardii, and a soil-based probiotic.