Before you inquire if there are any probiotic pills that offer real benefits, you need first learn what they are.
I know you’ve looked up what probiotics are, and that’s why you’re wondering if any of these probiotic pills work, but let me define probiotics for you. Probiotics are living, breathing organisms that come in a variety of forms. In nature, they are symbiotic (helping the human body in exchange for some of its resources). Microorganisms dwell in and on our bodies in various forms, thus it is not uncommon for them to be useful to humans. Probiotics are primarily bacteria. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are among them. Other bacteria, as well as yeasts like Saccharomyces boulardii, can be utilized as probiotics. These bacteria are most typically found in the stomach and intestines. Inside the gut, there is a big colony of them, containing millions of bacteria. probioticseverything.com
Probiotics have been shown to provide the following benefits:
- To treat gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea induced by infections or antibiotics, as well as irritable bowel syndrome. Bifidobacterium, which is found in dairy products, has been proved to help with Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms.
- Stabilize or generate chemicals that limit the growth of unwanted microbes in the digestive tract.
- Activate the immunological system.
- After a sickness or antibiotic treatment, it restores the colony of microbiome in the gut to normal.
- Lactobacillus, the most common probiotic present in yoghurt, has been demonstrated to aid in diarrhea and the digestion of lactose found in milk. probioticseverything.com
HOWEVER, WHEN ADMINISTERING THEM, THERE ARE SOME PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN.
- Probiotics have a solid safety record in persons who are normally healthy. If any side effects do occur, they are mainly limited to mild stomach symptoms like flatulence.
- Probiotics, on the other hand, have been linked to major adverse effects, such as deadly infections, in persons with substantial underlying medical issues. Critically ill patients, individuals who have undergone surgery, very sick babies, and people with weaker immune systems are all at risk of serious adverse effects. probioticseverything.com
NOW, AS FOR THE QUESTION OF DO PROBIOTIC PILLS REALLY WORK, I’m going to debate the benefits and drawbacks of probiotic pills against probiotic dietary food. probioticseverything.com
Fermentation causes probiotic organisms to develop in food, such as Lactobacillus, which is formed when milk is fermented into yoghurt. probioticseverything.com
In comparison to probiotic pills, fermented foods provide a number of advantages. The diet includes a diverse microbiota as well as other vital elements. Aside from that, studies reveal that each serving of food requires between 100 million and one billion bacteria to provide health advantages. In general, fermented foods provide this amount of microorganisms per serving and more. For example, most commercial yogurts with active cultures include this amount; but, do probiotic pills contain this amount, and if so, how can you be certain? probioticseverything.com
Although probiotic pills may claim to provide the required number of bacterial colonies, Consumer Lab conducted an independent evaluation of a number of probiotic pills. Not all probiotic pills, according to their research, contain the quantity of organisms listed. Furthermore, certain bacteria die over time when probiotic pills are left on the shelf. probioticseverything.com
Naturally, not everyone has access to organic or home-grown foods, and some people dislike items that naturally contain probiotics. This is where probiotic pills come in, however the benefits vary depending on the substance. It’s also a good idea to look at the supplement labels. The following are some characteristics to look for in a probiotic supplement:
- No preservatives or artificial additives, only natural ingredients
- A wide range of probiotic strains: there are hundreds of distinct probiotic strains, but your supplement should have at least a dozen different Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and other genera. probioticseverything.com
- Several billion colony-forming units that are alive and well (CFUs). This is significant since some labels will include the amount of bacteria present, even inactive bacteria. Only living organisms are counted when CFUs are used.
- Coating- uncoated supplements and those with a common enteric coating are ineffective since the great majority of probiotics are delivered in the stomach and destroyed during digestion. Because you need them to get to your intestines, the delivery technique should ensure that most of these organisms survive digestion. probioticseverything.com