Probiotics have a number of advantages.
Probiotic bacteria are engaged in a variety of tasks, including digestion and absorption, immune system priming, and neurotransmitter production. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
When you take a probiotic supplement, you increase the number of beneficial bacteria in your stomach. According to famous integrative physician Robert Rountree, M.D., “Probiotics are like to excellent cops. We’re putting in the good officers, who will be able to keep an eye on the bad folks.” * Here’s how that can effect your health in more detail: probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
- They’re beneficial to your gut.
Probiotics are perhaps best known for their role in gut health. “Think of probiotics as your little assistants that help restore order and preserve harmony in your gut ecosystem,”* explains Vincent Pedre, M.D., a gut health expert. “Unwelcome bugs, such as unfavorable bacteria, yeast, and parasites, outnumber and antagonize them.” * probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
Probiotics have been demonstrated to help with gastrointestinal disorders like irregularity (going too much or too little) caused by gut imbalance in a significant body of research. Antibiotics are a common cause of gut microbial imbalance. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
Probiotics are a targeted technique for improving the microbiota of the gut. Their capacity to promote a variety of upper and lower GI tract functions, including abdominal comfort by reducing gas and bloating, has been scientifically shown.
- They can aid in the maintenance of a healthy weight.* These beneficial bugs may also aid in weight loss. Gut bacteria are involved in many aspects of metabolism, including digestion, energy synthesis and storage, and even hunger management.
Several studies have found that the gut microbiomes of obese people differ from those of lean people. And the reason for this intriguing distinction could be related to how bacteria assist humans in breaking down food. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
“Some bacteria are better than others at getting energy from food,” Rountree says. “It’s as easy as that.” So, if you have more of these beneficial bacterial strains in your gut, you could eat the same meal as a friend and end up turning it into energy while your friend turns it into fat.*
- They help to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Friendly bacteria in your stomach play an important role in the breakdown and digestion of fiber-rich carbohydrates (also known as prebiotics). Gut bacteria produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), such as butyrate, during the breakdown process, which serve as fuel for the cells that line and build the intestine’s barrier. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
“SCFAs are a true game-changer with the ability to legitimately impact the health of individuals who pursue it,” says gastroenterologist Will Bulsiewicz, M.D., MSCI. A healthy butyrate level, which is a form of SCFA, is thought to promote health and a healthy weight, possibly by assisting the body’s inflammatory response. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
- They have skin benefits.* Probiotics aren’t just good for your insides; they can also help you on the exterior. “Bacteria can be found on your skin and throughout your body. Probiotics on the skin, as opposed to the microbiome in your stomach, alter the microbiota on your skin “Amy Shah, M.D., an integrative medicine expert, explains Oral and topical probiotics can both benefit in this scenario, but they are not the same thing. (In reality, Izzy Mattoon of mbg learned the skin benefits of probiotics firsthand.) probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
5. They can also have an impact on mental well-being.*
According to multiple studies, probiotics appear to lower the body’s stress response and improve cognitive performance. How? Although the mechanics are complex, beneficial bacteria in the stomach can produce mood-stabilizing neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. Because these bugs have a direct connection to the central nervous system via the vagus nerve, they play an important role in mood regulation. probioticseverything.com probiotic benefits
When women were shown furious face photographs, those who ate probiotic yogurt twice a day for four weeks before seeing the pictures felt calmer than those who didn’t eat the yogurt.