Lactobacillus reuteri (also known as Limosilactobacillus reuteri) is a probiotic bacteria species. The following questions about L. reuteri will be answered in this article:
– Lactobacillus reuteri is a kind of lactobacillus bacteria.
– What are Lactobacillus reuteri’s advantages?
– Lactobacillus reuteri is found in which probiotics?
– The most important things to remember about Lactobacillus reuteri
Lactobacillus reuteri is a kind of lactobacillus bacteria.
Lactobacillus reuteri bacteria are gram-positive, rod-shaped, anaerobic microorganisms that do not produce endospores and form chain arrangements. L. reuteri can be found in a variety of places in humans, including the gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, skin, and breast milk (Mu Q. et al., 2018). L. reuteri has been formally categorized as Limosilactobacillus reuteri as of April 2020. (Zheng J et al., 2020). probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
What are Lactobacillus reuteri’s advantages?
1. Antimicrobial molecule production – The L. reuteri species produces carbon dioxide, ethanol, acetate, and lactic acid as a result of glucose fermentation, preventing the growth of pathogenic bacteria, fungi, and protozoa in its host (Jones, S.E. & Versalovic, J., 2009).
2. Nutrient production — This bacteria is very good in producing the nutrients folate and vitamin B12 (Santos F. et al., 2008). probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
3. Reuterin production – L. reuteri is best known for fermenting glycerol to produce a chemical called reuterin. Reuterin is a powerful antibiotic that affects both gram positive and gram negative bacteria, and it aids L. reuteri bacterium’s survival by preventing other species from invading their habitat. It appears to be particularly efficient as an antibiotic because it has been demonstrated to block ribonucleotide reductase, a critical enzyme for DNA synthesis that is required for prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell and viral growth and multiplication (Talarico T.L. & Dobrogosz W.J., 1989). probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
The Lactobacillus reuteri species is thought to be a viable therapy for alleviating or reducing various gastrointestinal, urogenital, and oral health disorders. Many research initiatives and clinical trials have focused on L. reuteri, which has been examined in relation to women’s vaginal health and assisting individuals with bacterial vaginosis (BV). Our sister site, the Probiotics Learning Lab: Which is the Best Probiotic Supplement for Women?, has further information on these topics. and Bacterial Vaginosis & Probiotics probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
Lactobacillus reuteri is found in which probiotics?
Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis® are two of the most well studied strains and can be found in many probiotic meals and supplements due to considerable research on this species for many aspects of human health. probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
L. reuteri RC-14® is one of the most well-studied strains for women’s intimate health, especially for those suffering from thrush, bacterial vaginosis, and cystitis. For Women is where you’ll find this strain. probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
L. reuteri Protectis® has been studied in the field of pediatrics and has shown to be effective in the treatment of infantile colic. probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
On their strain entry pages, Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis®, you can learn more about the research and outcomes. probioticseverything.com probiotic lactobacillus reuteri
Lactobacillus spp. are one of the most extensively utilized probiotics and may be found in a wide range of foods, including yoghurts, all over the world. The Lactobacillus genus contains many additional species, which you may learn about on the Probiotics Database.
The most important things to remember about Lactobacillus reuteri
Limosilactobacillus reuteri is the scientific name for Lactobacillus reuteri, which contains well-studied strains that have been demonstrated to be very beneficial to women’s and children’s health. probioticseverything.com
Antimicrobial compounds, as well as folate, vitamin B12, and reuterin, are produced by L. reuteri.
Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis® are two of the most studied strains of L. reuteri.
Visit the Probiotic Professionals pages for more information and professional updates on probiotics.