Probiotics are live microorganisms that are beneficial for human health. These microorganisms are found naturally in the human gut and are also available in some foods and supplements. Probiotic supplements have gained popularity in recent years due to their potential health benefits, such as improving digestion, boosting the immune system, and reducing inflammation. However, with so many brands and types of probiotic supplements available, it can be challenging to find the best one for your needs. In this article, we will compare the best probiotic supplements in 2021, based on their ingredients, strains, and efficacy.
Key factors to consider when comparing probiotic supplements
When comparing probiotic supplements, several factors should be taken into consideration:
- Strain diversity: Different strains of probiotics have different health benefits. The more diverse strains a supplement contains, the better.
- CFUs (colony forming units): This indicates the number of live bacteria in each dose. A higher CFU count can be more effective for certain health conditions.
- Shelf-life: The shelf-life of a probiotic supplement is important because it affects its potency and efficacy.
- Type of bacteria: Different types of bacteria have different health benefits, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
- Delivery method: Some supplements use enteric-coated capsules to protect the bacteria from stomach acid, while others use powders or liquids.
The best probiotic supplements in 2021
Based on the factors above, here are the best probiotic supplements for 2021:
1. Garden of Life Probiotic Supplements
The Garden of Life brand offers a wide range of probiotic supplements for different purposes, including women’s health, men’s health, and digestion. Their products are made with organic ingredients and contain a high number of CFUs. The supplements also use a unique delivery method called “Once Daily Capsules,” which protects the bacteria from stomach acid and ensures maximum potency. Garden of Life supplements are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, making them suitable for people with dietary restrictions.
2. Seed Probiotic Supplements
Seed is a new brand of probiotic supplements that is gaining popularity due to its innovative approach to probiotics. Their supplements contain 24 probiotic strains and are encapsulated in a patented delivery system called “microbiome technology.” This system protects the bacteria from stomach acid and delivers them to the colon intact, which increases their effectiveness. Seed also offers personalized probiotic recommendations based on a user’s lifestyle and diet through their Gut Intelligence Test. The supplements are also vegan, gluten-free, and free from common allergens.
3. Culturelle Probiotic Supplements
Culturelle is a well-known brand of probiotic supplements that has been around for over 30 years. They offer a variety of supplements for different health needs, including digestion, immune support, and kids’ health. Their products contain either Lactobacillus or Bifidobacterium strains, which are some of the most well-researched probiotics. Culturelle supplements use a patented delivery system called “Survivability Studies,” which ensures that the bacteria survive stomach acid and reach the intestines intact. They are also free from gluten, dairy, and soy.
Probiotic supplements can be a beneficial addition to your diet, but it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. When comparing probiotic supplements, it’s essential to consider factors such as strain diversity, CFUs, shelf-life, type of bacteria, and delivery method. Based on these factors, the top probiotic supplements for 2021 are Garden of Life, Seed, and Culturelle.